Monday, August 24, 2009

15 minutes with Daddy



This is a pretty rough semester for Steve. There are many days that we literally only get to see him while he eats his breakfast and then when we take dinner to him at school for a picnic for 15 minutes. I can tell it is affecting Kiera. Sometimes when he does come home and has time to spend with her she will ignore him or throw a tantrum if he wants to play. Sad! But I do have to say that this semester is good in that when steve DOES have a weekend he doesn't have to study and he can go camping/disneylanding/beaching with us. However, we need him around more for everyday life!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I totally feel for you! It goes by fast and then having a husband with an 8-5 schedule with no added studying or lab work is the best thing ever!! Just hang in there! (Easier said than done, I know.)

Gramps said...

That's a really cute picture of Kiera kissing Steve.

Heidi said...

I love your new picture at the top. So cute! Hang in there. We use to have to "schedule" time with daddy too. I had to physically force Tye away from his studies on Friday nights and Saturday mornings during dental school. Friday nights we had "Super Nights" where we popped popcorn and layed out all our pillows to watch a movie at home. Then we would usually go on a hike Saturday mornings. The kids always looked forward to it. But during the week they didn't really see him much either.
I'm sure Steve so looks forward to seeing you guys each day, even if it is for only 15 minutes!

Marilyn said...

Way cute family picture! I should print it for my fridge collection! When does it get less time consuming for Steve?