To baby B-
Pursuant to the provisions of RSA 540:2, you are hereby given an eviction notice and notice to vacate, on or before Sep 3rd 2008, the premises and appurtenances owned by Cambrie Nelson's abdomen, which premises are now occupied by you.
The reason for this eviction notice is:
Your failure to pay rent due and in arrears when demanded.
You are hereby notified of your right to remain on the premises until due time, at which point if you do not vacate you will be vacated by force.
Monday, July 21, 2008
The Nelson family returned from Utah yesterday after a week long trip visiting with family (actually, Steve only spent a day and a half there since he had school). The reason for the trip was my younger brother Brett getting married. Brett married a girl he has been twitterpaited wtih for a long time. Katie is wonderful and is perfect for Brett.
I got to spend time with my 2 pregnant sisters (obviously I'm a lot more pregnant than either of them in the picture above). And Kiera enjoyed having time with cousins and other family. We took Kiera to the Mayan (a resturant with divers in SLC) the night before the wedding which was a not-so-fun experience as she was afraid of everything in the place. I scarfed down some food and then spent the rest of the pre-wedding- family-dinner experience playing with her outside. Oh well. It was great to go to Utah, and it's great to be home again!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Happy 5-year anniversary to the love of my life!!!!
I'd like to take this opportunity to brag about some the the reasons that I have the most wonderful husband ever (the list of reasons is too long, so I'll just name a few):
1. Steve sees humor in everything and has definately taught me to have more fun with life than I used to.
2. Steve prioritizes me over everything else in his life. I know that if I ask him to do something for me and tell him that it is important to me that he will...... even if the most important football game of the year is on (I wouldn't ask unless it WAS really important).
3. Not only does Steve father cute kids, but he is really cute with them. Kiera adores her daddy! Sometimes I think mommy is second place to daddy!
4. Steve has proved himself more than once in caring for me while sick. During very difficult times (which lasted for months my first pregnacy) he was nothing but sweet and attentive to me even though I was completely useless, ugly, smelly, etc.. AND he prioritized me over his job and his schooling. Steve scored an infinate amount of points that year. I hope that when we get old it is me that has to take care of him because I have alot to repay after that experience.
5. Steve is just a 100% good person. He doesn't have a mean bone in his whole body. You will never hear Steve use the word "hate", he doesn't complain, and he doesn't talk bad about anyone. He makes friends where ever he goes.
6. Not only did I gain the advantage of getting Steve 5 years ago, but I also aquired myself some great in-laws. I couldn't ask for better in-laws: Steve's family is amazingly good (that is where Steve gets his good qualities) they are fun to be around. Thank you Steve for making me part of your family-- it's great to be a Nelson!
7. Steve is a hottie-- I love his dark eyelashes, his big lips..... Oh, and if you ever get a chance, check out his totally muscular legs (those legs took him by bike across the mormon trail a few years ago 1500 miles!).
Happy anniversary my love! Thanks for putting up with me all of these years!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Kiera has taken the position of spiritual leader in our household. She makes sure that we pray at least 20 times every day. She loves to fold her arms and wait for the prayer when we sit down for a meal, and then she wants us to say at least 3 more prayers during the meal (and she won't eat until we do). She isn't exactly great at talking yet, so she says "da-do" for "amen" (da-do also happens to be the way she says her own name). She also enjoys the family nighttime prayer we say right before we go to bed after which she grabs ahold of both Steve and I and makes sure we give each other a hug and kiss before hugging and kissing her. I'm glad we have her around to keep our relationship strong, and make sure we never forget to pray!
Friday, July 04, 2008
Some dentists become orthodontists, pediatricians, periodontists, whatever. How'er, there is one field of dentistry not talked about much, and it's located right here in San Bernardino! Yup, Weight-Loss dentistry! Look, people are already flocking to this dental practice. You can tell these two are patients of this dentist. You should've seen these guys last year--most likely they were overweight...until they went to Dr. D'Wait Begone!
So many Americans are overweight anyway. How much does a tooth weigh, couple of grams? If you let me pull all 32 teeth, that's permanent weight loss that you definitely will never grow back, never mind the side effects. What a sure-fire success or so it seems!
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
Kiera has been spoiled for the past 3 weeks. She has had a fun outing nearly every day: the park, beach, museums, grandma's house, the swimming pool, pet stores, etc.
Steve's summer vacation has come and gone way too fast. Unlike most of our dental school friends, we stuck around here to enjoy our vacation. We spent lots of time in pools as Kiera is very much a water-baby. Even when she goes completely under the water she comes up smiling and giggling.
Alas, daddy must go back to school and Kiera will have to be content with boring old mommy.