Tuesday, February 15, 2011

White Coat and Valentines Day

Valentines Day was fun at our house this year.  I tried to initiate some fun traditions.

Pink Milk and green heart waffles.  A big hit.

Lydia was particularly excited about the new "Tangled" toys I got them.  They are soooo into Tangled right now...  can quote the movie although they've only seen it once.


 Made cookies.  Gave myself a second degree burn doing so.  Not the brightest cookie in the dozen!

Just playing dollies.  Later on Valentines day Steve an I babysat 10 kids while their parents went out.  We tried to make it as party-like as possible.  It was crazy, but now I have enough babysitting co-op tickets to last me forever!  I love our babysitting co-op!

This past friday Steve got his White Coat.  That white coat represents many years of hard work both in dental school and prior to dental school.  I'm so proud of him.  His is just a few months from being a dentist!

Today Kiera asked me:  "when daddy is all done with school and he goes to work, will he still come home at night time an be my daddy?"  I assured her that he would.  I'm so excited for that day!!!

7 comments:

Katie Groneman said...

Great post - love the Valentine's stuff!

Unknown said...

Fun traditions! But why green waffles? Congrats to Steve on the white coat. You guys have worked hard and sacrificed a lot for it!

Nebraska Nelsons said...

Congratulations Steve! Such a big step! And Kiera, from what I hear your daddy will have lots of time at home as a daddy when he's done - more than the guys that work on the other end! ha ha! Aunt Marielle

Marilyn said...

You're such a great little mommy! You always seem to go the extra mile in giving your little ladies fun experiences! Congratulations to STEVO!!

Gramps said...

I want pink milk and green heart shaped waffles! Congrats to Stevo on getting a coat so easy to get dirty.

Malesa said...

I love your traditions. You are such a good mommy. I should do stuff like that too. Congrats to Steve! Do you know where you are going yet?

Heidi said...

Love the waffles! I miss the babysitting co-op. I could really use it over here. Maybe I'll start one up! So exciting that the school journey is coming to an end soon!