Thursday, April 02, 2009

Half Marathon Training


Now that I've finished my class, I'm officially now in half-marathon training mode. I'm planning on running the Fontana half-marathon "The world's fastest half-marathon" on June 6th.

I do have to say that training for a half with 2 kids (and a busy husband) is a lot more challenging than it was with 1 kid in the jogger. Somebody once told me not to bother buying a double jogger because you only get to use it for about a year (if you plan on having more kids). I guess that leaves me with waking up at the crack of dawn to go exercise before my family wakes up. Or I guess I could always send my kidlets to my local babysitting co-op. Now THAT is dedication.

If anybody out there is in the mood to run a half, feel free to join me.

8 comments:

Ali said...

Hey, way to go. Wish I could join you. I personally think the double jogger is way worth it. I jogged with mine even after I was pregnant and still use it to speed walk. Look on craigslist if you want a good deal.

Cambrienelson said...

...unless you have pregnancies like me.

Does anybody out there still use their double jogger even after baby #3 is born?

Emily said...

hey, they have a new class at the drayson center on tuesdays and thursdays at 7 pm, i think. it's called aerobics something... i might start going. want to go?

Meg said...

We need to go ahead and pay for the thing so we will be even more dedicated :)

Karly :] said...

Cambrie I am not alone! I get up at the crack of dawn as well to go running too! Too bad I wont be in California June 6 to run it with you :(

Gramps said...

I get up *before* the crack of dawn and go walking..does that count?

erin said...

I love my double stroller. I am on my second one. This is Erin Nelson by the way.

Debbie said...

I just bagged the whole double jogger thing and got a treadmill. Now that's freedom AND I can use it no matter how many kids I have! I guess that's the lazy way out though...there is NO waking up before dawn for me! Good luck training...wish I could join you! Maybe next year...