Sunday, April 19, 2009

Me being crafty (not to be confused with artistic)

I copied these aprons from some I saw at a mall a while back. I had fun trying to immitate.
Ok folks-- you have to use your imagination here. Imagine that Kiera was 4 instead of 2 and therefore the apron fit her. Imagine that I was a cute little model and not a frumpy mom who despirately needs a haircut. Also imagine that I had taken the time to iron the aprons.

As you can tell, there is absolutely no artistic talent involved in the flannel board pieces below! But despite the lack of talent, they seem to be a hit with Kiera. Cheap and easy way to help a toddler be creative.







I made this Toddler Calendar. I made the actual calendar a year ago but don't have a the stuff I want to display it correctly so it is temporarily a toddler calendar thanks to some laminated clipart. It has been quite helpful in teaching Kiera about time "tomorrow we get to eat Mac n' Cheese!" "We went to feed the ducks yesterday didn't we!" She loves to steal the little disneyland picture down off the calendar and haul it around. Anyway, no artistic talent involved here but it was a hit.

7 comments:

erin said...

I love the aprons. I am wanting to make a few myself. You are very talented.-- erin nelson in syracuse,ny

laura said...

c'mon! give yourself more credit! it all looks great.

Michelle said...

Your aprons look really good! I love that you made matching ones for you and your daughter-too cute.

Erica said...

Love it. Love it. Love it. I'm starting to get into that sort of thing too, so thanks for the ideas! :)

Amanda said...

I like the blue ones the best! very cute! No pattern??

Great job!

Ashley said...

Um, I may be betraying my own lack of artistic talent here, but I would say that is incredibly artsy. Those are darling-both the flannel board and the aaprons! I want one of both.

Malesa said...

Those things are awesome! I want one of everything. I may have to copy your ideas. And I think they are very artsy.