Sunday, December 13, 2009

December Happenings





December is a lovely month. I did succeed in waiting until the day after thanksgiving to put up our Christmas decorations although it was difficult. The girls absolutely love the decorations and the lights. Kiera is particularly fond of the Cinderella ornament and Lydia likes the "Nack" ornament (snack) which is a little white box ornament that I frequently fill with fishy crackers.
We have a family tradition of dancing together as a family to a Shedaisy Christmas song with all the lights turned off except Christmas lights. They both shriek with excitement when we turn on the music. Kiera understands the concept of Santa and it is nice to have leverage of santa only giving presents to good girls. This is such a fun a magical time of year. I love it.

For those of you who have not heard yet: we are expecting baby #3! We are very excited and just a little nervous. Kiera told me several times the 2 weeks proceeding us finding out that we were pregnant, "mommy-- there is a baby in your tummy!" Amazing how children can be so intuitive. According to Kiera this baby is a girl.....but Steve is really hoping for a boy.
We are as prepared as we possibly could be for this pregnancy so here goes nothing!

11 comments:

Erika said...

Congratulations, you guys!!! We're so excited to be able to entertain another one of your kids during sacrament meeting!!! :D Can't wait for number 3 to get here. It was fun dancing around the living room with your girls the other day. It made me want to have lots of little girls too.

Gramps said...

I remember when my little family used to love to dance to music in England. It's going to be so exciting to have those two little ones around for Christmas! I hope they like the tree and other decorations. I hope you feel well enough to have a good Christmas.

Unknown said...

I think the fishy crackers ornament is funny. That's fun for the kids, and it'll be a good memory for them. You have brilliant ideas.

Marilyn said...

You sure are good at capturing great moments on camera and sharing them with us! I love it!
So, are you going to change the name of your blog from "happily ever aftering" when the hyper-emesis sets in?

Malesa said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Congratulations! How far along are you? Are you going to do the same thing (feeding tube) as you did the last time?
How exciting!

Cambrienelson said...

yes, the feeding tube is the plan...doctor as already agreed to it (as soon as they prove that I have hyperemesis again). 5 weeks prego

Heidi said...

Well congrats!!! I hope you can take it easy for now. Your tree looks so pretty. It's so much fun to watch our kids around the tree.

Christa said...

I don't think you could possibly be my sister when you have such a cutesy tree and home. Where was I when they were passing out those genes? Anyway, I love your post! Fun traditions!

LyndiLou said...

Congratulations Cambrie!!! That's sooo exciting! :) Your decorations look great and your kids are just adorable!!! Merry Christmas!

laura said...

Yay Cambrie! Congratulations!

Lindy said...

You are so brave! I will start praying for you that you won't have to be hospitalized this time around. No wonder you have a million meals in the deep freeze...good for you. Every pregnancy's different, and who knows, if it's a boy, you may not get sick.