Tuesday, February 19, 2008



Nothing too exciting to report around here. I'd just thought I'd add something in case ya'll are wondering (it saves steve from having to tell everyone individually on the phone which takes alot of his time).

I'm still sick but doing a lot better than before. I only vomit a few times per day, but I'm still REALLY weak. I'm getting fed through a tube in my stomach 24/7 and then I'm attached to an IV pole for 15 hours a day to get hydration. Also, anyone who has seen me and tried to talk to me knows that I've got a hyper-salivation thing going on. The trouble with it is that I can't swallow my saliva (since it makes me puke) and I can't spit it out (since it dehydrates me) so I end up holding it in my mouth which makes talking very difficult. Poor little Kiera thinks mommy is so dull!!!
My mom is here helping until the end of this week and after that time I think I'll need some help, but not nearly as much as before. Everyone has been so wonderful to offer help---- and trust me, if/when I need help I'll call. I do plan on paying someone to care for Kiera on a consistant basis though since she was starting to have a really hard time being passed around so much.
Anyway, that's my life. 2 more days and I'm done with the first trimester!!!

6 comments:

Stevo said...

I say when this is all said and done that we have a rule on our blog not to talk about puking...te amo

Amanda said...

Nice rule Steve!

You guys look great! I am always checking for updates.

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. How is the baby doing?

Ashley said...

I also think that is a good rule. Hooray for the first trimester. We'll keep praying that things will get better after the first trimester. Props for going to church on Sunday. I didn't want to bug you because you had a long line of visitors. But I want to come over and see you whenever you are ready this week. You look really good! I know you feel terrible. I'll call tomorrow morning and see if I can come over for a bit if you are feeling up to it. We're thinking about you-all of you.

Debbie said...

Hooray for the update! Glad to see things are better then before! Do keep us posted and do let me know if I can do anything!! I mean it. Want to send Kiera out for a few weeks?? I'll take her! Emma would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Debbie said...

Okay, sorry it's me again but Cambrie...where's the belly? You look super skinny...stop putting us fat pregnant people to shame!

snlbarney said...

What a cute family picture! Kiera's hair looks adorable -- even when you are sick you still find the energy to make her look adorable -- you'll have to tell me how you get her hair to stay so perfectly! See you tomorrow at church!