Friday, June 20, 2008

Beach days






We took Kiera to the beach for the first time this year. We went with our friends the Porters I totally expected her to be scared of the water for a few minutes, but I had no idea that she would be afraid of the sand! From the very first step she took into the sand she didn't like it and just wanted Steve or I

to hold her up out of it. After being there for about 2 hours she finally got to the point where we could set her down without her crying and she had a little fun before we had to go (since naptime was way overdue). Oh well, maybe if we go next time she'll warm up to the beach faster.

2 comments:

Nebraska Nelsons said...

It's funny what they don't like at times. I've had some that have a hard time getting used to grass on their feet too. Cute kids! marielle

Johanson family said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go to the beach with you guys and Sonny and Emily! WE haven't been to the beach here in Texas, but I've heard that they are very gross and not as fun. I miss you guys!