Wednesday, June 04, 2008


Product Review: Dr Mom's Otoscope. There have been 2 times in Kiera's life that I've taken her to the doctor when she was sick with a cold to check for an ear infection since she seemed to be pulling on her ears excessively. (and there have been many times I've wanted to take her in, but have refrained based on cost). This handy little tool that I just bought cost less than one insta-care visit ($23) and now I can check Kiera's ears for infection myself and not have to go through the pain and expense of taking her to the doctor while she is sick. I wish I would have bought it a year ago!

Product review: body pillow. I thought I'd save myself some $ my first pregnancy and forgo getting a body pillow even though people recommended them. I shouldn't have. I LOVE my body pillow-- it makes it so much easier to sleep while pregnant


Some future-dentist's-wives dream of days when they can have their hair done every 2 weeks and a pedicure once a month. I don't have dreams of shopping at Banana Republic, my dream as a well-to-do dentist's wife is to have pest-control people come monthly and eliminate bugs! I admit it-- I'm afraid of spiders, cockroaches, earwigs (or "pincher bugs" as steve calls them). There was a nasty smasty cockroach in Kiera's room yesterday that I had to eliminate. Someday I won't have to be a bug-killer.....I'll hire someone else to do it for me.


4 comments:

Nebraska Nelsons said...

I love the bug killer idea! Yes, there are so many things that we could all do with money, but those of us who have truly had to budget through the years of our husbands training really do have a little different perspective than pedicures and decorating! Hang in there, we will all get there someday! Marielle

anderson.fam said...

Yuck! Bugs are my nemesis(es?). When I find a spider in my house, it makes me feel like my house isn't clean enough. Your pregnancy sounds a lot smoother now, just in time for the summer!

Malesa said...

I HATE HATE HATE cockroaches. We had them in the apartment when we moved in here in NYC and it took months to get rid of them (not until after they finally sprayed the neighbors place). They make you feel violated in your own home. It's like you no longer have a place of safety and security. You are constantly on the lookout. Constantly on a war path. You feel like they are going to jump out at you and chew off your hand (although they are only the size of a pencil eraser). O.k., so maybe that's just how I feel, but I hate them. All other bugs are pretty bad too. Big fat spiders probably rank as high up there as cockroaches, but we don't have those here in the city (never seen a spider in the big apple - believe it or not).
I'm glad that you can check for ear infections now. That's a good idea.

Ashley said...

I will be getting a pedicure far more often than once a month, I am sorry to say. If I am going to forgo them for four years, I will definitely need to make up for it more than once a month...