Sunday, September 14, 2008

For the love of Elmo



Why is it that all toddlers love Elmo so much? Kiera loved Elmo without ever having seen him on TV (we had a toy and a book with Seasame Street characters and she singled him out to love). Is it because he is red and furry? My friend said it was just because his name is easy for toddlers to say. Who knows..... but Kiera is infatuated. Yesterday I took Kiera to the 99 cent store and I found an Elmo purse so I showed it to Kiera and put it in the shopping cart. I was looking at something else for a minute and when I turned around I discovered about 15 Elmo purses in our shopping cart and Kiera getting more to put in. Kiera loves Elmo : )

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

cute! I think part of the reason may be that he talks with a high pitch as most adults usually do when talking to a baby/toddler.

Stevo said...

That probably has something to do with it but remember Kiera had never heard his voice before

Burnhams said...

Cardon was the SAME way, before ever seeing him on TV he was in love with him. Dont know why. but at least you know its not just yours :)

Amanda said...

That is funny!!!! Elmo can be quite annoying, but kids seem to like him. Same with lots of other characters.

How does she like the Elmo purse?

Gramps said...

"na-na na-na
na-na na-na
Elmo's Song
Ha ha ha ha!"