Sunday, September 28, 2008

Treasure Hunting




I love treasure hunting. It runs in my blood-- so does my dad and my grandpa. I've gone to boony-land southern Utah many times in search of arrowheads. It is a family tradition to just go camp in the middle of nowhere and look for arrowheads all day long for about a week every year. I love it.


Once I went to a tree-hugger camp and we were planting trees next to the Jordan River in Salt Lake City. As we were digging the holes we were finding really old bottles, china, and artifacts. I've taken my family back there twice to dig up more stuff (the trees are now dead-- go figure). There is a certain thrill that goes through me to find something cool.


I also love hunting for good deals. Yesterday I was 'hunting' ebay and bidding on clothing for my children. I ended up getting tons of great deals like the red shoes above for 50 cents (and $1.00 shipping). I just love hunting for and finding great deals!
Watch out... I'm on the hunt.

1 comment:

Gramps said...

Amen and Amen.