Saturday, September 06, 2008


Our family spent the morning walking door to door in our community in behalf of Proposition 8 here in California. I wasn't able to spend very long doing it since Lydia and Kiera were not very cooperative, but I sacrificed my husband for the morning and he kept going after we went home.
Proposition 8 is Pro-family and pro-marriage and I believe that it is very important that it passes. It would make the law define marriage as between a man and a woman. It doesn't take away any of the rights of homosexuals (like hospital visitation rights). I was amazed when I heard of some of the consequences of it not passing. Such things as people being able to sue churches that did not allow same sex marriages, schools that don't provide housing for gay couples no longer being tax-exempt, and our children being taught in schools that marriage is a union of any 2 people.
I think that it is critical to get prop 8 to pass. I encourage all Cali residents to vote yes on 8!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I've linked to your post from Right of Same Sex Marriage = Newspeak • Yes on 8 protects rights

Cambrienelson said...

I'd like to make it clear that I support prop 8, but I do not want to be affiliated in any way with the website linked above-- I do not agree with them on many issues.