Saturday, October 04, 2008

Off and running (sortof)...


I ran 3/4 of a mile this morning and man was it tough! The last steps that I ran before today were the last steps of my half marathon last November. I finally got medical clearance this week to start exercising again so I'm officially training for my next half marathon. It's going to be a long road though-- I thought I was going to pass out after a 3/4 mile! I was pushing Kiera in the jogging stroller and when we started she kept looking back at me like "mom I didn't know you could run!" On the uphill parts I probably could have walked faster than I was running. So-- I'm offically training for another half marathon. Any of you local folks who would like to train/run with me -- I'm in (just give me a month or 3 to catch up to your level!)

7 comments:

Ali said...

Yea for running! You really should come Saturdays (this next one is 12 miles...) It's so much easier to run WITHOUT the stroller... and more enjoyable with friends!

Have you found a race, or are you just getting back into it to eventually run a race?

Way to go!

p.s. is the cutting dairy products working? I hear Gripe Water is good for baby gas... ???

laura said...

go cambrie! i'm remembering the time you literally pushed me up to the Y.

megan said...

You can do it!! We all start at some point!!! Good luck!

Ashley said...

Do you have one in mind? I really want to do the Moab one. I think it is in March. What do you think? That is awesome about all of your different milks. I bet that kills you, being Mrs. Practical and all.

Debbie said...

Good luck!!! I'm almost a year post partum and struggling to get decent mileage in! I guess it would help if I didn't have three kids. Anyway may you reach your goal soon...

tmataitusi said...

Good for you, Cambrie! I'm sure it feels go regardless of your pace. Believe it or not, I jogged a 1/2 marathon in December - hardest and best thing I've done.

anderson.fam said...

Hey, way to go! Jogging strollers are great! Unless you have a 3-year-old who will NOT sit!
I'm determined to get ready for this half-marathon in Mesa,AZ in March. I'm pretty much starting from scratch, I've never done anything like it. Mile/5k walks with a stroller is about as far as I've ever gotten. I like early morning jogs without kids. It's the only way to go!
That's great you're so motivated even with a newborn!