Sunday, November 23, 2008

TWO!!!!!!

Kiera celebrated her second birthday on saturday. She had the pleasure of sharing her special day with the BYU/Utah football game (which didn't turn out so well). I made Kiera an Elmo birthday cake. It was my first cake decorating experience and I think it went well since she recognized it as elmo at least. Kiera was of course afraid of the candles and nobody ate any of the cake (who likes birthday cake anyway? yuck!)



Here is a little about Kiera:
1. Afraid of everything that most kids like: disneyland, beach.
2. Won't eat candy or dessert.
3. Can identify and name #'s 1-9.
4. Can count to 20 all except 12.
5. Can identify all the letters of the alphabet.

It is interesting to me to see the different things that kids can do. Kiera is really good at letters and numbers, but yet I'd say that all of her friends her age can talk much better than she can. She is just starting to put 2 words together.

Anyway, it was fun to finally have a child who has some sort of idea that something special is going on for her birthday.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Yeah, Kiera! I think you did great on the cake! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Poor Kiera-- between Thanksgiving and BYU football, she's never going to have a birthday to herself!

Nebraska Nelsons said...

What darling girls! Happy birthday Kiera! Aunt Marielle