Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My talented friend




This past weekend my friend Laura and her mom came to visit. Laura was a good friend of mine from my high school days and is ridiculously talented in the arts. She came down from Utah to audition for the reality show "Project Runway" (not to be confused with America's top Model which I think is trash). She is an amazing clothing designer and I'm proud to call her my friend.

Side story: for those of you who are familiar with the long drive from Utah to Southern California, you will appreciate this. Laura and her mom came to California using a GPS. I called them about 2 hours after they were supposed to arrive at my house and asked them where they were. "um... we are on a road called Rim Of The World.....next to Running Springs....Big Bear...." Their GPS had them get of I-15 in Victorville and go through the mountains! And this happened to be on a stormy foggy night. Never trust a GPS!

2 comments:

laura said...

missing you already. thanks for the compliments.

Marilyn said...

So, about Laura's audition...When will she find out if she made it? What did she say about it? Those of us who know her would like to know! Please?