Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and Steve's birthday


First of all, happy birthday to Steve who turned 30 on Christmas eve. Yes, my poor husband has to endure a birthday on the 24th of december. He is a great sport about it though (much more so than I would be). Not only that, he spent his birthday this year caring for our barfing Kiera (who had the stomach flu) and then got the stomach flu later on that night himself.

Christmas this year was spent with the majority of my family in Albuquerque New mexico at my sister Christa's house. It was an interesting Christmas as we had 4 different state's germs converging in one location. 3 different colds and the stomach flu converged in one household to make for an intersting Christmas. I've surrendered to the fact that any time we travel to visit family we are going to get sick, but I didn't expect to get THAT sick. Then, on the 26th we traveled back to California to spend time with Steve's family. Not only did almost everyone in his family have a cold, but my poor little nephew was diagnosed with RSV. We are still crossing our fingers that we don't get that one (for Lyida's sake).

Dispite illness we had a good Christmas. Kiera was more excited about the Christmas lights on the house across the street then she was about opening presents. Her favorite new toy I'd say was her shopping cart. Lydia got milk for Christmas.

3 comments:

Gramps said...

It was a GREAT Christmas.

laura said...

like the new blog look. glad you had a good christmas!

Malesa said...

Lucky Lydia! That made me chuckle.