Sunday, January 11, 2009

Warm weather and mullets











So I'm just writing this to make all of you non-Southern-California folk jealous. Yesterday we had a picnic and it was beautiful and warm (75 degrees-- I have no clue why Steve wore a jacket-- he said he didn't want to be itchy from the grass). Today Steve and Kiera read books in the hammock outside. I put a little local weather thingy on the side of our blog so ya'll can see how warm it is here and have incentive to come visit us in the cold winter months.

















If your daughter had a bald spot and a mullet like this would YOU cut it? I've seen some pretty funny looking babies out there and thought "why doesn't somebody tell those parents that their baby looks ridiculous?" I just don't want mine to be in the same category. So, let's be honest folks-- would you cut her hair?

6 comments:

Benji said...

Steve is wise... I hate the itchy California grass.

Ashley said...

Yeah, probably. Give it a little chop chop. But just a little one.

megan said...

What a fun hammock!! Looks like a fun picnic! And good luck with school- you'll be SO happy that you finished it. WHo knows, you may not use it right away but someday you might and you'll be super happy to have it!!

Amanda said...

I had to do that to Hannah's. It did sort of the same thing....it made me a little sad! It was so cute!

What a fun outing!

Debbie said...

Amen on cutting her hair! And yes, you've made me SOOOO jealous of your weather. Our winter hasn't been that bad but I have decided I just can't stand being cold!! I really do belong in California!

Malesa said...

I am VERY jealous of your weather right now. I'm sick of the high for the day being in the 20s. (And I am even a winter weather lover). I'm ready for spring.
I probably wouldn't cut her hair. I think it looks fine in the bottom picture. That's just me though. I don't think it really matters either way.