Saturday, February 07, 2009

DESERET INDUSTRIES


I know that there are many of you out there who are probably appalled that I would admit to shopping at DI, but I'm going to admit it nevertheless. In fact, I'm going to say that I love shopping at DI.

Shopping at DI is like a treasure hunt-- you have to dig through a ton of junk to find treasure, but the treasure is there. Successful shopping there is an acquired skill.

There are some people who make a living off of finding treasure at DI and selling it on Ebay. I think that this is wrong.

It is nice to get a cart full of treasure for $20 and know that I just spent $20 supporting a great cause (humanitarian aide and such).

Every time I come to Utah I go to DI. I figure I don't have to worry about being prideful if I shop at DI-- right?? My favorite things to buy are children's books and large toys (yes, I lysol them well).

7 comments:

Gramps said...

I buy books at DI and have bought clothes there. Once in a while I'll find something really good like a toy or luggage or some sort. I don't go there often (your mother does), but it's fun. It's also fun to hear your aunt Kathy, who wouldn't be caught dead shopping at DI say "Oh, Marilyn, that dress is so cute, where did you get it?" and watching her face when Marilyn says "DI".

laura said...

I love the DI! Who would be appalled? DI shopping is smart. The biggest fashionista I know is a huge DI shopper. She finds amazing stuff for cheap. Sometimes it's hardly been worn.

Benji said...

I used to work at DI, I'll admit it - and look at me now! Almost a real dentist! So next time you're at the DI and an employee is helping you out, just think to yourself, "hey, someday he might be my dentist."

Amanda said...

If anyone is appalled that you shop at DI....well, they should be appalled with themselves! How sad!

I LOVE DI. I have found some awesome stuff there! It is always, like you said, a treasure hunt! I love it there!

Malesa said...

If only NYC had a DI...They do have a Goodwill, but I've been there and miss the quality and prices of DI

Lindy said...

YES!!!
Dustin and I go every chance we get. It's actually like a wonderful get away for Dustin, he just revels in it.
LIndy

Andrea and Terrance said...

For some reason, I can never find anything super exciting at DI. Grandpa, however, is always finding stuff at DI and trying to give it to us. Hey, if you want an invite to my blog, e-mail me: andreacoombsrn@yahoo.com.