Thursday, February 05, 2009

I love being a nurse.



After a nearly 4 year hiatus, I have stepped back into the hospital in the role of nurse. I was a bit nervous that I've lost my skills, but I'm happy to say that I was able to care for an ICU patient completely independently and confidently yesterday. At the end of my shift my patient's family members thanked me profusely for my help and told me I had made a huge difference for the patient. I love working as a nurse....I just love working as a mother more.

I think everyone should be a nurse. I'd like to think that I was the one who influenced my 2 younger siblings to go to nursing school, but I probably can't take all the credit. Nursing is a great field to work in. It is very rewarding to help people and the pay isn't too bad either (well, outside of Utah anyway). And, if I ever want to use it again I could work like twice a month or so. I love the flexibility. BE A NURSE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good idea. I think I'll do it...

...starting this Summer.

Malesa said...

Amen. It's great to have a flexible job so that we can still be full-time mommies, get paid a nice wad of cash, and find great fulfillment in the work that we do.

Erica said...

I would consider it, but I can't handle needles or blood. But I agree it is a great field for people who can do it! I do wish I had a little more medical knowledge now that I'm a mom.