Tuesday, February 24, 2009

shout out to all the women widowed by professional schools

I am a dental school widow. I have many friends who are either dental (or some other professional school) widows too. I have to say that it is TOUGH to raise a family by yourself. They say that it will be worth it in the end... I hope they are right.

Then I think about the fact that there are REAL widows out there with young kids and I realize that I don't have it so bad. At least there is a light at the end of my tunnel. And at least I have a husband (even if my kids and I rarely get to see him).

But here is to all of us who are counting down the years of professional school. 2 years 4 months......

5 comments:

Chad said...

I think Erica can attest that it's hard to raise even just one kid, with a husband who comes home and helps after work.

I feel bad for any single mom with young kids - especially widows. I feel bad for young widows in general, but it's a whole different ballgame if there are kids.

Stevo said...

Just imagine Chad being a single mom with 14 kids!

Karly :] said...

You can do it Cambrie!! I am cheering for you... oh yeah uh, Steve do well

Gramps said...

I understand. I lost my wife to genealogy and I have to fix my own breakfast.

Malesa said...

Second year stinks. Third and fourth year are happy years! They are like they have normal jobs, but they just don't get paid. I never included the 3rd and 4th year in my countdown until we got past the first two. TRUST ME - for the dental students it DOES get better.
My condolences for the wives of the med students out there.