Sunday, May 31, 2009

A great tradition


Steve's family has a fun tradition of getting all the women of the family together every year for our "NOW" (Nelson Organization for Women) convention. Have you ever noticed how whenever you get together with extended family that the women are too busy chasing kids and preparing food to be able to socialize much? This tradition is the solution to the problem. We have a great weekend of fun together without kids-- shopping, facials, theater, and good-ol' sitting around chatting.

5 comments:

erin said...

Jeff had fun at the other end with the boys in AZ. Thanks for letting him join.

Jinky said...

That is a great tradition. My in-laws started a similar one a few years ago ... my mother-in-law & her daughters, including daughter-in-laws get together for lunch on Mother's Day eve. --The name is a good idea, maybe I'll come up with one too.

Amanda said...

What a fun tradition! You all look great! How fun!

Meg said...

That sounds like so much fun!! What a great idea.

Heidi said...

Isn't it amazing how a little girl time can energize you? I love spending time with my sisters and sister-in-laws. I wish I could see them more often.