Friday, June 12, 2009

Nelsons in high fashion

This blog is dedicated to fashion. Since Kiera is the most fashion-consious person in the family, we'll start with her. In Kiera's world you are beautiful if you have a pair of "pretty yadie shoes" on. It mattereth not what else you may (or may not) be wearing...nor the style of your hair. Just get yourself some "pretty yadie shoes" and you'll be hot stuff.



Steve's fashion lately has consisted a lot of wearing blue scrubs. I've been joining him lately since I'm doing my LAST set of nursing clinicals (I'll be sooooo GLAD to be done being nursing scum soon....but that's another blog....). I have to say that wearing scrubs makes me feel like I'm wearing pajamas. I'm glad I don't have to do it much anymore. Oh, and I love how the lighting in these pictures make it looks like we are burn victims.





This is Lydia's outfit from last sunday. I finished shoveling peaches in her mouth and instructed Steve to get her dressed and put her in the car seat while I went off to handle Kiera. When we arrived at church and I went to pull her out of the car seat I discovered her in this (what some may say to be a Christmas) dress on backwards and her hands/face/hair still covered in peaches. The funny thing about it is that I remember Steve bringing Kiera to visit me in the hospital wearing the same dress....backwards. I guess that is what I get for marrying a male : )

6 comments:

Malesa said...

You don't look like burn victims. You look very professional. Both of your little ladies are adorable, but I especially like the picture of Kiera and her pretty yadie shoes. Phillip has also been known to put on Aubrey's clothes backwards. At least he gets his clothes on facing the right way. I guess that's what matters in the long scheme of things right?

Ali said...

That's hilarious about Lydia's dress. Love it. And Kiera's yadey shoes. How cute. Glad you're almost done! I personally kind of like wearing my pj's, especially right now... :)

Karly :] said...

Don't worry Steve one time I helped Emma put on her swimsuit and when I was done I realized it looked really weird on her, when I showed Debbie she started laughing because her suit was on backwards!! We are obviously related.

Ashley said...

Ha ha when I saw her I thought she looked cute. And I didn't even think about it being Christmasy because plaid is so in right now. And yes, that is what you get for marrying a male...Adam can't even get Eli (also, a male) dressed. The dried peaches though is bad, even by male standards.

Lindy said...

That is so my hubby Dustin as well...they don't care at all do they. Ha ha, oh well

Gramps said...

Kiera is another Imelda Marcos in training.