Sunday, April 11, 2010

Late Easter






Anyone who has never had the joy of rolling Easter eggs down a large hill at Easter time is missing out. I grew up doing it every year and it was very much looked forward to. All sorts of fun can be had on a hill and both young and old can be involved. We'd have races to see who could roll their egg the furthest without it breaking. Then we'd roll ourselves down the hill, or have races to see who could run down the fastest (which can be difficult since you may fall if going too fast). We had our First Annual Nelson Easter-Egg Roll yesterday and it was a huge success.

2 comments:

Gramps said...

Yea! Glad to see the tradition is moving down the road. It's just not the same for Marilyn and I to get out and roll easter eggs....so we don't any more. It makes me smile to read about and see pictures of you doing it.

Andrea and Terrance said...

When I tell people that we used to do the easter egg roll at BYU, they look at me like I am crazy as a road lizard. I would have taken Ezra to do it this year if that stupid hill hadn't been covered in SNOW. Sigh, Utah weather. Nevertheless, it is a great tradition and I am glad to know someone else wants to carry it on.