Monday, July 05, 2010

Lydia in a nutshell

Lydia refuses to wear anything but big dresses that spin out really far. Yes, she wears them for pajamas too. The throws the biggest tantrum you've ever seen if anyone tries to take it off of her. Her 3 dresses that meet her specifications are already getting lots of rips and stains. Oh well.

Lydia thinks she doesn't need to nap anymore. She'll sit in her bed for 2 hours without sleeping. Kiera will have finished her nap before Lydia even goes to sleep. What's up with that!!???

Lydia went "stinkies" in the potty the other day. I was sure it was a fluke. Today she told me she wanted to go potty so I pulled out her little potty. She sat on it about 10 seconds and announced "all done!" and stood up. I thought 'yep, she's all done playing potty time' But no, she actually went! No, I don't expect it to be this easy from here on on, but it is encouraging!

3 comments:

Gramps said...

A holiday just in her honor: Independence day. :-) Won't it be nice to have no kids in diapers...at least for a couple of months?

Erica said...

Wow, I am totally impressed!

Malesa said...

That is so funny! She makes me laugh.