Friday, July 30, 2010

Angel Lullaby

I used to love My Turn On Earth as a little girl. I always thought I would sing the Angel Lullaby song to my kids someday. I've sang little snippets of it to them in the past and thought about looking up the lyrics, but I never did until now. I found them on some random chic from Utah's blog. So, I thought I'd do anybody else who may be looking for them a favor. I've been singing this to my girls for 3 days now and I've had it requested at least 20 times because they LOVE IT.



You came from a land where all is light
to a world half day and a world half night.
To guide you by day, you have my love,
To guard you by night, your friends above.
(Chorus)
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.
So sleep, sleep, till the darkness ends,
guarded by your angel friends.

There's one stands softly by your bed
and another sits close with a hand on your head.
There's one at the window watching for the dawn,
and one waits to wake you when the night is gone.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, I love this song! I have the sheet music somewhere. What a great song to sing to your little angels.

Marilyn said...

It also helps when the one singing it sounds like angel too, as you do! Heck I would request to hear it too!

Lindy said...

I LOVE this song!!! My sister taught it to me when I was little so I wouldn't be scared when she was not with me. I sang it all the time...and it was the song that I sang that got me into the utah children's choir :)