Sunday, May 01, 2011

"Tinkle Concert"

One of my favorite things about Lydia is that when she decides that it is time to go potty she drops her pants where ever she is at and waddles penguin-style to the bathroom.  I laugh every time.
Yesterday Lydia came into the bathroom while I was in there
"Mommy I need to tinkle!"
 "ok Lydia go for it"
"mommy, you sit down right there [on the side of the bathtub]and watch the concert.  This is a tinkle concert.  You are the audience.   Mommy when I all done, you clap ok?"
(laughing) "ok Lydia".............
"Ta- dah!!!!" 
clapping  "good job Lydia.  What a wonderful concert!"

Wow I'm lucky. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bet that IS music to your ears! I'm going to start potty-training Ty after we get home from our trip in a few weeks. Wish me luck!

Marilyn said...

In 5 children I raised, I never had the privilage to be the audience in a tinkle concert! I feel gypted!

Erica said...

That is simply hilarious!!! :)

Gramps said...

What a kid! I have personally experienced, quite a few times, the dropping of the drawers anywhere in the house and waddling to the bathroom...that makes me laugh too....and cringe hoping she makes it on time BUT....I have NEVER been the recipient of a tinkle concert! Lucky you.

angela said...

Just this evening my girl mooned all of us in the backyard and anyone driving by before waddling to the bathroom. But I love that she is "trained". And she gets so excited to show me the "yellow stuff".

Nebraska Nelsons said...

So funny! Enjoy! Marielle