Thursday, April 24, 2008



















Before and after pictures -- weight gain from my feeding tube (*and a little recreational eating)

Yes, 25 lbs does make a big difference on a person (especially in my face!)This week I went to see my OBGYN. I never thought that I'd be told by my doctor at the age of 26 that I'm overweight. That's exactly what she said. Infact, she's putting me on a diet. I'm suppose to eat a piece of fruit for breakfast and lunch and some veggies for dinner. (keeping in mind that I'm still being fed by my feeding tube). Sound like fun? Well, I'm not sure how compliant I'll be with my diet, but I'll give it a try.

6 comments:

Nebraska Nelsons said...

I would recommend cutting back on the tube feeds and only starting them when you get nauseated.
Scott

Cambrienelson said...

Scott- I get nauseated after about 2 hours of having it off.

Nebraska Nelsons said...

Don't turn it off than, just continue to decrease the amount to the lowest level. Run it at 10, 20or 30 cc an hour. The best part here is that you are in charge of your own care. No doctor can tell you what is the best way to do it. You modify the rate, time etc for what is best for you. You are obviously getting enough nutrition so now you should just try cutting back until you can live normally.

Ashley said...

Yeah, what he said....Dr. Ashley agrees. That stupid feeding tube. Uh. I love you for posting that. That's awesome.

Amanda said...

I'm pretty sure you aren't overweight!!!! You look great!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Wow, thats crazy that you have a feeding tube! Pregnancy can do wonders to the body!