Saturday, September 05, 2009

Just another day at the beach

Last friday it was disneyland. This friday it was beach. After school we drove for 50 minutes to Laguna Beach (my new favorite beach if I have kids in tow).


One fun thing about this beach is the tide pools. They are literaly "crawling" with sea creatures. Very fun to check out.

I let Kiera bury me in the sand up to my neck. Lydia thought it was fun to sit on my face or to sit on my chest and put sand on my face. I'm still finding sand in my ears and hair 24 hours later.

lydia liked the water...but of course Kiera was scared of it.

One of the things I love about this beach is that you can park right next to it and that the sidewalk goes right up to the beach (you can see it in this picture). No hauling kids and tons of stuff aross acres of sand!

8 comments:

Porter's said...

ya, that is a great beach. kind of a longer drive but worth it. my sister lives in laguna niguel so we used to go to that beach a lot. have fun!

laura said...

so fun! i'm jealous.

Gramps said...

Oh such cute little swimming beauties.

Marilyn said...

LOVE THE PICTURES! When they come up full screen on my computer it makes me want to grab them and kiss on them and tickle them! Darling little ladies!

Sergio and Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sergio and Sarah said...

That looks like a beautiful place and tons of fun! Makes me wonder what in the world I'm still doing in Virginia. Hadn't been to your blog in a while...what a terrific family portrait. Ya'll sure look amazing.
Best wishes and Go Cougars!
Sergio

Ashley said...

Sweet, I have never been. We need to try it. And I am so sorry about your Disneyland day...it sounds like you have fun even in spite of the throw up though?

Ali said...

Oh I miss the beach and disneyland and Cali and my friends tonight! Looks like fun.

And I love what you did with the furniture. So cute. Love that print (the fabric). I hear you about the free stuff... and unfortunately right out of school still isn't the time to buy everything you ever wanted... oh, the loans and real life (although I must say a paycheck is nice).