Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not your average cruise



Steve and I used the money we made from being “Lab Rats” a few months ago and went on a child-free get-away cruise. We went with Steve’s brother, Devin, and his wife Lena. The highlight of the trip was definitely snorkeling on Catalina Island. The 2nd evening aboard was the formal dinner….Steve and I both got Lobster (Steve ordered 2).

The rest of my cruising experience was not quite what I had expected it to be. I was diagnosed with influenza and was quarantined to my room and instructed to wear a mask whenever Steve or anyone else was in the room. So I sat in my windowless 12x12 ft rocking dungeon for 3 days and 3 nights (which were all the same to me since there was no daylight anyway). No internet, no connection to the outside world. I’ve still never been to Mexico, but now I can say I was only 50 feet away on a boat from it…that counts right?

Our cruise WAS PREVIOUSLY free to us since we had paid it off by being lab-rats….until we got the medical bill from the ship which was more than cost of the entire cruise itself. YIKES!

I have to say that I’d rather have the flu any day over severe sea sickness. I was counting my blessings. Give me any sickness in the universe over nausea any day of the year. Too bad I had to come home to discover my girls had it too!

5 comments:

Malesa said...

Oh! I am soooo sorry! I'm glad you got to have fun for 2 days, but what a bummer thing to happen on your cruise!

Laura Mc said...

Sorry. So much for a fun romantic getaway! I'm glad you got to wear your new fancy shmancy dress before your cruise turned into a prison sentence.

Ashley said...

Oh Cambrie. I am so so so sorry. How awful-why does this stuff always happen to you? You would think if you had to endure hyperemesis or whatever during pregnancy that you could at least escape swine flu. Man. I really want to help...but I don't want to get swine flu! Maybe I will bring dinner and drop it off on your porch!

Andrea and Terrance said...

Oh wow. I was about to be really jealous of you until I kept reading and saw all your woes. Hope your family is feeling better soon!

Nothing is worse than having sick kids and then being sick yourself so you have an even harder time taking care of them. Get better!

LyndiLou said...

Oh MAN!!! I'm sooo sorry that your cruse turned out that way! I would love to go on a cruise again someday... sooo you'll have to come with us when we do! ;)

Hope you guys are feeling better fast!