Sunday, November 29, 2009

A need for higher altitude

Lydia cracks me up. That little lady is S-P-U-N-K-Y and quite the opposite of her older sister who is timid about everything new. This week we went to a mcdonalds playplace and Lydia climbed right up inside. Kiera has NEVER gone inside one because she's too chicken. But, watching Lydia's example she went a few feet into it before getting nervous and coming back out to observe Lydia from a safe distance. the same thing happened with bubble bath: Kiera was too chicken until Lydia demonstrated that it was ok.



For the past 2 weeks when I can't find my girls I'll frequently find them in the garage in the car climing around. I still haven't been able to catch it on "film" (we don't have film anymore!) but Lydia frequently will stand on the bottom of the steering wheel and hold on to the top of it and rock back and forth. It is soooo cute because she is about the same size as the wheel.
I'm frequently finding Lydia on table tops and other random places where she is not supposed to be. She knows how to get a stool and take it to where she wants to climb up. So, I can't even leave knives on the kitchen counter top. No injuries...yet.

4 comments:

Gramps said...

Cute little daredevil lady. I predict she will want to clime Everest before she dies. It's funny how kids are born with their own personalities....all 5 of mine have different personalities they've had from birth. Environment may have some influence, but basically, they are what they are. Can't wait to see the princesses on Christmas.

Katie Groneman said...

Vacuuming like that has got to be an ab workout... And I'm surprised that there haven't been any injuries yet - but that's just because I'm a complete clutz.

Unknown said...

Funny kid. Funny pictures. Looks to me like she wants to drive stuff.

Malesa said...

That is so funny! Keep you busy!