Monday, May 03, 2010

Why we need the illegals

May 1st was the wrong day to have a yard sale. All of the illegals were off protesting and not doing their normal yard-sale shopping. But despite the protests happening in my state, I still got to utilize my spanish-speaking stills as some Mexicans parked in front of my house at 6:30 AM and watched us bring out stuff to put on the lawn. We sold about $100 worth of stuff an hour before the official sale even started. That is the way it is here in So Cal. But as the morning got later there was a lack of our spanish-speaking-only clientel. Wrong day for a yard sale.

I was going to get a babysitter for the yard sale. But my girls were having so much fun that I let them stay and play. The picture below are them eating their cereal in their PJ's. They were so darn cute I had to take a picture.





Lastly, these are 2 of about 8 china dolls that I've owned as long as I can remember. Growing up I was never allowed to play with them. And I've never allowed my girls to play with them. I was going to donate them (we're getting rid of lots of stuff) but then I got a better idea. My girls were so excited when I pulled them off of the shelf in their room and let them play with them. Yes, they will be ruined shortly, but those dolls have never been so loved or used.

6 comments:

Gramps said...

How much did you end up making from the yard sale?

Anonymous said...

Two words on the dolls : Antiques Roadshow.

Sad for the little ladies to be moving and losing the piano. I'm sure they'll be just fine in your new place.

Thanks for the story about the shoes. My, what girly girls you have!

Malesa said...

That is soooooo cute. I bet that your girls went crazy. I got a cheapo-reject doll from the Madame Alexander factory here in Harlem and Aubrey LOVED playing with it.
I miss your stinking guts too. Good luck with your move!

Marilyn said...

Dolls as OLD AS CAMBRIE? Geez, they MUST be antiques!! :)
Fun post to read and see! Keep em coming. If they are upset about not going home to the right place after you move, just take them to your current location that will be missing all of your stuff, and they will be more content to go to your new home. Thanks for the update.

Andrea and Terrance said...

The picture of your littlest girl with the dolls is so stinkin cute. I thought the ZCMI tag on it was pretty good too. :)

Christa said...

Good luck on your move! I don't envy you, but we'll be doing the same thing in less than 3 weeks! So far we've made $375 selling our junk on craigslist. It's actually quite pathetic to realize how little our stuff is really worth!