Friday, August 20, 2010

Traditions Book




So I'm officially done doing normal scrapbooking. I'm moving to the 100% digital way of preserving memories. But I have lots of random scrapbooking supply leftovers. I figured out the perfect thing to do with it all.

I've started a "Nelson Family Traditions" Book. I printed off lots of pictures of things we do regularly (or annually) as a family and I'm slapping glue on the back of them and putting them in collage-type-fashion in a book in designated areas. I've divided the book into sections and leaving room to add to it every year. I'm using up the few stickers that I have, but I'm not doing ANYTHING elaborate. Basically it is just a collage of each tradition. It only took me like 2 hours total to make and the girls already LOVE it. Some of our traditions:

1. Easter (painting eggs, rolling eggs, egg hunts)
2. Christmas (pinatas, seeing the lights)
3. Halloween (pumpkin carving, making sugar cookies, trick-or-treating)
4. Summer (Popsicles outside, swimming)
5. Autumn leave traditions
6. winter snow traditions
7. Rite Aide ice cream tradition
8. Girls waiting outside for daddy to come home on his bike and going for bike rides
9. General Conference scones breakfast
10. Birthday traditions
11. Thanksgiving dinner
12. Independence day BBQ, fireworks, parades
13. Camping (in the back yard and for real)
14. Movie night (with popcorn and lots of bedding on the floor)

The girls love looking at the book and always want to know which tradition we are going to be doing next. I'm looking forward to the book having 18 years+ of collages or our traditions.

3 comments:

Gramps said...

You're a good mommy. 15. Playing in the playhouse with Gramps. Are you SURE it's Autumn LEAVE tradition or is it Automn LEAF tradition?

Erica said...

Great idea, Cambrie!

Marilyn said...

You are a great little mother! I have SELDOM seen mother's that play WITH their children like you do! And you always seem to have a handy camera at the right moments. I wish I could get our other parents to post as many cute pictures of our darling grandchildren as you do!