Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kiera update

Tired of hearing about my latest health status? Well, you're in luck. In this blog entry I will spare you. I'm beginning to feel like one of those geriatric people who can't talk about anything but their health.

I've been worried about Kiera getting behind in her language development lately. Especially while being passed from sitter to sitter while I was in the hospital, and then me not being able to talk to her much when I did get home due to my saliva issues. But she is finally popping out a few small words (maybe 10 or so). Her favorite word is still da-da as her daddy is her favorite person. She get's so excited when daddy comes home and immediately asks "ball?" because she wants to go outside and play basketball with him. We are both excited for finals to be over in a week and a half so we can have more time to play with daddy.

5 comments:

Stevo said...

You failed to mention she knows how to sign 8-10 words also so she's probably doing o.k. in the communication dept:)

Bev said...

She also says...yellow and bananna! I figure she is not behind..she is observing! One day we will all want her to stop talking...

Ali said...

Cambrie! I am sure her language will totally be fine! I am sorry I was such a lame-o on the phone. I was watching my friend's four kids and my own and it was probably a crazy moment to call, but I had just gotten your message. Anyway, I am not always so lame. Sorry. Hope your surgery goes well and please let me know if you need anything.

My kids are finally better and so maybe we can come play sometime. I could use the adult company and Jake could use the kid time! :)

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Cambrie, her language is fine. Emma being 2 plus is just now starting to talk. Something to think on...I have heard that when kids use sign they talk later. Why talk when you can sign. I'm not for or against...just going on what I've heard.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

This is Debbie btw. I'm using Ricardo's computer.