Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tummy trouble



On Friday I was scheduled to have my feeding tube changed. Prior to the procedure the nurse was questioning me about my demographics and health history (which she was writing down in the chart). Twice I casually mentioned the fact that I'm pregnant and she didn't seem to pay attention or care so I mentioned it a 3rd time. "You're pregnant?!! Oh my gosh-- good thing you told me!" and she wrote it in all caps on the front of the chart. I had 4 1/2 hours to wait for my procedure (since they were running a "little" behind. In that time I decided to write the fact that I have a baby in my abdomen. Hey, they make people who are having their knees operated on write "yes" on the correct knee to remind the doctor, so why not? Better safe than sorry-- especially knowing that that nurse was going to be the one overseeing me while I was unconscious.

Husband of the year award: Steven Nelson

Steve has finals next week. He told me on friday "It's important that I study a lot this weekend". Well, not only did he spend his entire day with me at the hospital friday for my little operation, but he took be back to the hospital at 3am on saturday, picked me up at 5:30 am, took me back and stayed with me from 10-11am and then back again from 12pm to 5pm. He spent the entire day attending to my medical needs and arranging care for Kiera (or caring for her himself). He got very little studying done. I'm praying that the Lord will see fit to bless him for being such a wonderful husband and father.

5 comments:

Ali said...

The Lord will bless him! For sure! He's great... I'm sure he'll be ok. Plus the adventists are pretty understanding and will work with him, I'm sure. Good luck, Steve!

Ashley said...

Cute little tummy. Sorry about the ever present ordeals. I am sorry that we couldn't do more to help. Hopefully the surgery was successful and you are doing better.

megan said...

I hope that you are feeling better today still. You looked great today at church, so I hope that it's just downhill from here!

Amanda said...

It kind of looks like a pacifier!!! how funny! I love the note "baby". That is great. I have had knee surgery before and they made me sign my knee!!! Good thinking!

snlbarney said...

Steve will be blessed, it is the little sacrifices that bring forth great blessings. I know he will remember the material he studies, and do well on finals because of his service to you:) Also, you looked great tonight at enrichment, it was nice having a moment to talk... we need more of that:)