Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My good little girl

I've never really tried to take a nap while Kiera was awake-- I'm a mother and therefore I always wonder what she's doing and can't sleep. I guess I was super tired today though because I fell asleep on the couch at 9am and woke up 45 minutes later. All was quiet and Kiera was not in sight and I was sure I'd find her either hurt or playing in the toilet. I was wrong though; my sweet little Kiera had parked herself behind the recliner with her blankie and was holding it sucking on her tongue (which is what she does when she tries to go to sleep). I guess she decided it was time to sleep since mommy was sleeping.
Then, after her lunch I let her down from her highchair and asked her if she wanted to go "night-night". I didn't expect more than a yes or no and I kept eating my lunch until I heard and door shut. I wondered if she had trapped herself in one the the rooms and waited to see if I would hear the pounding on the door that comes soon thereafter. I heard nothing and Kiera did not appear so I got up to investigate. After asking her if she wanted to go "night-night" she had walked down the hall into her room, shut the door, and was laying on the floor next to her crib with her blankie. Wow!

5 comments:

Nebraska Nelsons said...

You've got her trained right! What a cute girl! Marielle

anderson.fam said...

What a sweet girl! Keep it up Kiera! Take care with the end of this pregnancy and the beginning of life with two! Good Times!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

oh you must be so HOT and uncomfy, or not! I had my oldest in August, and I was SO done by the middle! Finally she came 2 weeks early, I think she sensed that she wasnt welcome there anymore!

Amanda said...

She is so cute!!! What a good little girl! She will be a great big sister!

Marilyn said...

Well, she didn't get that genetically from her mom at least! :)