Monday, August 04, 2008


Last week I set up our bassinet in preparation for our new arrival. I told Kiera as I was putting it together that it was a bed for babies and when I was finished she was so excited about it. She did her sign-language for the word sleep, got her blankie, and wanted me to put her in it. I thought she'd be done after 10 seconds, but no-- she played in the bassinet for about 2 hours that day and still wants me to to put her in it for 10 minutes at a time 4 days later. She loves it. I hope that she is ok with the new baby taking over her new favorite toy in a few weeks.






Last friday there was a dental school shin-dig. They really went all out and got tons of bounce-houses, kiddie pools and inflatable water slides. It was a child-heaven. Guess what Kiera's favorite thing about the event was..... the stairs on an adjacent building. I'll bet that if we took Kiera to Disneyland she'd be more excited about the stairs than anything else.

3 comments:

Nebraska Nelsons said...

What a cute girl! I'm sure she will adjust great to her new little sister! She seems so adaptable and layed back! Marielle

Malesa said...

That is hilarious! She is such a cutie-pie! I'm excited to see the upcoming pictures of the soon-to-be newest Nelson addition.

Amanda said...

I am so in love with her bathing suit! How cute is she!!!!? Her little booty hanging out on the sides, what a cutie! I love it when Hannah wears a bathing suit, I think it is so funny!

What does she think about the new baby coming? does she understand?