Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nelson fun


Last night Steve and I sat down and wrote out a list of fun and free things to do in the next few months (for both us as a couple, and for the whole fam). I was surprised how many things we came up with. Today we started our fun with a picnic. 65 degrees isn't too bad. As you can see, we attracted quite a crowd -- but it was ok because the girls enjoyed the attention.
Excited to be eating a special picnic in a special spot : )


Lot of fun at the park. We played soccer with the red ball-- rule were that adults couldn't touch it so I picked up lydia and swung her legs at the ball to help her kick it.













Kiera has a new best friend ever since I was sick: Elmo. He comes everywhere with us. Oh, and she informed me this week that Elmo needs clothes. So now Elmo wears Lydia's red shirt. Kiera has even been teaching Elmo to read (which is nice since it helps her to remember what she has learned).


The girls LOVE to wear these slips/tu-tu. They would wear it all day long every day if I would let them.




Family favorite: Playing "tinkerbell". Steve helps the girls to fly around the house. they love it.





7 comments:

Breanna said...

Cute Cute pictures! I miss those yittle yadies. What a fun adventure to have a picnic in a special spot :-)

Gramps said...

"Cute pictures" doen't come close to describing it. I love the one of Lydia smiling at the picnic. It's like she knew her picture was being taken...you know...like a grownup. I see the girls are getting used to having wings.

Marilyn said...

So Kiera will wear the wings, will Lydia? She sure wasn't excited about having them on at Christmas! Maybe it's ok cause Kiera does it so it MUST be cool to do eh?

Cute fun pictures! You guys do a great job of keeping us up to date! Thank you! I can see that Lydia has changed already since I left 9 days ago! She looks older! You need to get a better brand of "stop grow"!

Christa said...

Fun times. I wish we could have a picnic-- I'm jealous of your weather!

Heidi said...

Katlyn loves that little picnic table at the park! Cute pictures.

Nebraska Nelsons said...

So creative Cambrie! What great parents and cute kids! marielle

LyndiLou said...

Looks like you guys have found some great ways to have fun! :D