Friday, February 05, 2010

Sick days











For the past few days my girls have been sick (Kiera worse than Lydia). We've done a ton of watching TV (something I don't normally promote). Even when Lydia was feeling better she enjoyed being by her big sister while she watched TV. I guess she just missed her since she wasn't playing because normally Lydia is way too busy to watch TV. Cute.








2 nights ago Kiera had a temperature of 104.5 and I was patting her down with a wet cloth. She just kept crying/moaning "mommy". It was, of course, very difficult to so difficult to see the little girl I love so much in such a sick state. They I started thinking about all of the orphans in Haiti who are probably sick and who don't have their mommy and who don't understand what is going on. And then I started thinking about all the little people who were buried in the rubble and I had to stop myself because it was too terrible to think about.
I just have to say that I'm grateful for modern medicine, grateful to live in the USA, and grateful for my family's safety. We really are fortunate and blessed.

6 comments:

Erica said...

They are cute (but it's no fun they're sick). I especially think it's cute that Lydia has the stroller and baby with her on the couch. :)

Chad said...

It seems like they've been sick for ages! Time for the ladies to get better.

Gramps said...

I'll never forget a little lady by the name of Cambrie who got her tonsils out in Virginia and was terribly miserable in the hospital and couldn't cry but cried anyway...it was hard to watch. I know what you mean.

Marilyn said...

I am sorry that my little princesses are sick! No FUN!! GIve them kisses from grandma. That does remind me of the tonsilectomy you had. Miserable! You were too out of it to realize that I was there, and you kept crying for me :(
I hope they get well soon!

Karly :] said...

hahaha those pictures are awesome!

LyndiLou said...

Ohhh... it's hard when little ones are sick. I hope they're feeling better now!

We ARE lucky to live here, aren't we! :)