Saturday, February 20, 2010

Glorified RN babysitter

I've landed myself what I consider to be a totally sweet job. I am a registered nurse but I have not worked in 4 years since I've been either pregnant and therefore disabled, or caring for my young'ins. It took my a little while to find this job because I wasn't willing to work if it meant being away from my girls much as they are still my first priority.

I've now "worked" 2 days of my new job. I am a private nurse for 9 year-old boy who is fed through both an IV and a feeding tube. I manage these tubes (something that I'm expert at since I've had both done on myself recently) and give a few medicines and that is it. For the rest of the day I'm a glorified babysitter. I read him books, play Monopoly, chat with his mom, etc. Totally easy job. Oh, and it is flexible. I tell them which days and hours I work. It doesn't get better than this!

2 comments:

Katie Groneman said...

Sounds like it will be great for you!

Unknown said...

I would love to do this! How did you find a job like this?