Thursday, December 20, 2007

Low sodium food --because I care about your heart


I was a bit late getting my christmas goodies out to my neighbors and friends this year due to being in Utah. Most of my friends have already deserted Loma Linda to go home for Christmas. But those who were fortunate enough to still be around today got to the enjoy the burnt-no-added-sodium orange rolls I made with the help of 2 sick babies clinging to my legs whining. Lucky for them. I'm sure they can sleep better tonight knowing that their heart is a little better off since there was no added salt in the burnt rolls.
It is amazing what 2 teaspoons of salt can do for a batch of rolls!
Too bad you all don't get to sample the 16 lbs turkey I overcooked tonight as well. Nasty.
I don't know why I was so out of my groove today. Oh well, at least I had something to blog about right?

3 comments:

Ali said...

You are funny! Hope you have a great Christmas. I'm sure your burnt turkey and rolls were good... :)

Malesa said...

Hey Cambrie,
sounds like we are pretty much on the same domestic plain. Out with the turkey. this year I'm trying a ham. I'll let you know how it goes. Merry Christmas!

maggie.danhakl@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline just published a visualization of your daily value of sodium. In the chart, you can see what half of your DV of salt looks like for 30 foods: http://www.healthline.com/health/high-blood-pressure-hypertension/daily-value-sodium

This is very valuable content as it puts nutrition information into perspective and helps a person understand how much sodium is actually in their food. I thought this would be of interest to your audience and wanted to see if you would include this as a resource on your page: http://stevecambrieandkiera.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-gifts-that-show-i-care.html

If you do not believe this would be a good fit for a resource on your site, even sharing this on your social communities would be a great alternativeto help get the word out.

Thanks for your time reviewing. Please let me know your thoughts and if there are any questions I can answer.

All the best,
Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

About Us: corp.healthline.com