Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Little miss muffett….
Last night I slept on the floor next to Kiera’s crib since she was vomiting/dry heaving every 5-20 minutes. All night long I kept thinking/dreaming about spiders. I once heard a statistic that the average person eats 8 spiders a year while sleeping. I kept remembering when I was about 8 years old living in England and sleeping on the floor one night. A HUGE daddy long leg spider ran up my chest and across my face. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it! Anyway, after night full of cleaning up vomit, rotating towels through Kiera’s crib in an attempt to keep it dry, sleeping on the hard floor, and dreaming of spiders, I woke up to find a big nasty looking red spider about 2 feet from where I had been sleeping. I thought of taking a picture of it for the blog (squished of course since I wasn’t about to let it live long enough to get the camera), but I will spare myself having to look at it every time I check my blog.

6 comments:

AshleyS said...

Hey new blog friend! So that explains where you dissapeared to last night. Crazy news about Danthony. He's lucky to have you guys.

Marilyn said...

It is a good thing you didn't have a heart attack! You people and your spiderphobia! I don't like em, but they have their place in God's plan. Christa I think you brainwashed all your siblings!

Debbie said...

I HATE spiders...don't move to the midwest Cambrie. The spiders here make the ones in Cali look nice. Still though, no fun to see them regardless. Anyway I hope you're all feeling better over there?! I'm glad Danthony gets more time with you guys. He's lucky to be in such a good home! Good luck tomorrow...right?

megan said...

I am so excited that you started a blog!! Welcome to the blog world! Sorry about the flu! And cute that you get keep Danthony! Thanks for updating! I've been meaning to call and ask about D- so yeah for blogs! Hope you get better soon!
Megan

Stevo said...

I don't know how all of you women would survive without your husbands/spider squashers?

Debbie said...

Steve, whatever husband! I don't have the luxury of a husband who is home as Cambrie is experiencing as well. Thank goodness for brothers who chased me around with spiders in hand. I won't name names. I am now at the point where I can pull out the vacuum and suck them up.