Saturday, March 13, 2010

Easy Egg-free Eggnog

I love eggnog. Too bad you can only get it during the holidays. I learned to make homemade eggnog this past holiday season. It was good but it was a PAIN to make.
So, I came up with his recipe that it easy, egg-free, much lower in fat, and tastes great too (although not exactly like eggnog it is still very good)

Cambrie's Eggnog:
8 cups milk (I use have vitamin D milk and half reconstituted powdered milk--you can't tell!)
1 3-oz vanilla pudding mix (instant)
1/2 cup sugar
2 t vanilla
1/2 t nutmeg
Rum extract to taste
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix pudding and 1 cup milk in blender. Then add all other ingredients and mix.

3 comments:

Gramps said...

Throw a couple of eggs in there and I would guess you would be amazed and how much it tastes like eggnog! :-) It actually sounds good.

Heidi said...

I'll have to try this! It definately sounds less painful then my moms recipe.

Lindy said...

Dustin loves eggnog too, and it was really cheap right after the holidays, so he bought a ton and froze it and now he puts it in his homemade smoothies.