Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Full Time

Yesterday I changed my employment status to full time. I'm going to be working mostly evenings and weekends (when Steve is home) and anticipate only needing a babysitter about 3 hours/week.
I am determined that my children will not feel get the short end of the stick from this new full time job status. With 40 hours less in my week I'll have to re-arrage the way I do things. There are so many things that a person does-- both necessary things and things for their own entertainment. I think that sometimes it would be easy for a person in my situation to make cuts from quality time with their kids. Not me. So, be it known that I plan on making the following cut from my life so as NOT to have to make cuts from quality time with my children:

1. Less time social networking. Limiting myself to only saturday mornings.
2. Goodbye baking. Baked breads are not a necessity right now
3. Cleaning while my girls are awake (I'll have to do it after they are asleep).
4. Exercising regularly : (
5. Volunteering for service things.
6. Time spent with friends and family.
7. Goodbye personal time.

We plan on this being a bit of a stretch on our family. But the fact that Steve gets done at noon 3 days a week will make it easer. Oh, and the way I see it-- my working 40 hours a weeks is going to be a TON easier on my family than my being pregnant 168 hours a week. Hopefully, I'll have 2 cute bundles of joy in about a year to show for it : )

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

You're going for twins? 4 under 5 will be a VERY BUSY Cambrie!

Heidi said...

You are a great mother! Remember Cambrie and Steve time too! Let me know if I can help out with date nights or mornings... (after our baby is born, of course, then I'll have my normal energy back).

Meg said...

Don't forget to schedule some time to sleep too : ) Good luck and let us know if you need any help.

Ali said...

Don't totally cut yourself off. If you need some me time, try skipping the cleaning at night once in awhile! Really, it's worth it.

Sounds like you're going to be busy. Scott's cousin just started this once a month cooking thing. I thought of you. If you're interested, her blog is on my sidebar under Call Me Kristen. She's got menu's and recipes and introduced the whole thing. Thought it might be a time saver for you. Good luck!

KerianndJacob said...

Does this mean you guys found a surrogate already?! Wow everything seems to be falling into place! Yeah!