Monday, May 19, 2008

Country Music is true

I used to be anti-country music. Why? Because my parents were. Why were my parents so against it? The same reason anybody of sense would be: in their day country music was horrible! Twang, twang.... I remember a home-health patient of mine who made me listen to one of his favorite songs entitled "There's a tear in my beer and it hurts up to here". Golly.

I'm here to tell everyone that country music has changed and is now a great thing (for the most part-- I admit that twangy music does occasionally mix in with the good stuff). The great thing about country music is that not only do the musicians have actual talent, but the messages in the songs are really great and uplifting. They teach good principles and have nice little stories to them.

There's my opionion. I thought I'd blog about something other than my daughter (that is especially for you Jen).

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I used to be anti-country as well! Now, I love it. I love the messages, like you said. They actually mean something.

My favorite song right now is "you're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins. I love that song! It helps me to remember that when things are hard that someday, I am going to miss this stuff. Hannah crying, being cranky and stuff like that, I am going to miss that someday!

Ashley said...

No, it still sucks. And marriages perpetually ruined by drunkenness and adultery, a la Carrie Underwood and Kenny Chesney? Not my favorite set of principles; it may be more mild than anything else out there I suppose. But there is just not enough good stuff to filter out the old crap. Sorry, I have tried multiple times to like it. Not happening...and I am married to Adam, so it's definitely not happening.

Lisa said...

Pat and I feel we are more keenly aware of how fleeting childhood is because of country music. Like at Costco when people tell us how cute our kids are and how quickly they grow up we want to reply, "we know, we listen to country music, we're gonna miss this"

Chad said...

I dunno what you're talking about. You've loved country music since you were a teenager.

Gramps said...

I object to this post. I've NEVER been anti-country music, your mom has. I grew up with your grandma playing country music almost every day. There's a lot of country music that I like

Johanson family said...

I do like country music too especially the new stuff, but it's hard to find a good country station out here in Texas. There is a lot more twang and talking about how "great" Texas is on most of the stations here.