Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Change in the Winds Says I

Cambrie was doing great in the hospital...until last night. After her nasal tube got clogged, they removed it and replaced a new one. Since then she was vomiting every 20 minutes the entire night so something was obviously not right. In the morning the doctors realized the tube (it's 4-5 ft long mind you) kinked in her stomach. Instead of going to the small intestines it wrapped around in her stomach. She was vomiting blood and the doctors couldn't get the tube out. They were about to do emergency surgery when one of the residents pretty much yanked it out. I sure hope it didn't do more damage than good.

She's not doing very well right now and asked that she didn't have visitors until she gets better. She's not getting any nutrition now and not able to eat. She's scheduled for TPN Sunday, which is an IV line that goes to her heart to give her nourishment--exactly what she had her first pregnancy.

In short, she's having a rough day. And to think we originally wanted 6-8 kids...not happening.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

good grief!!!! I am so sorry to hear that! It sounded like things were going good!!!!!

I will call her name into the Boise temple.

Good luck with the TPN!

How are you holding up Steve?

Melissa said...

Wow I am so sorry...I feel your pain and people always wonder why I don't want a lot of kids Hellio people seroiusly at least I know there is one other lady that agrees with me...So like amanda said how r u holding up steve? Just remember it only last 9 months and another thing I think they should have put the PIC line in first she will feel 100% better after having that in. Good Luck!!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Tough break guys. I am so sorry to hear it. No chance that it would work again? I know you were banking on that so I am sorry that you have to report such a devastating blow. Let me know when Cambrie is scheduled to come home and I will come clean your house the day before so we can mitigate the smell factor that might trigger more throw up. So sorry. You are in our prayers and you know you can call anytime for anything-or stop by for a meal Steve.