Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Food Storage

For the past 2 weeks I've been doing my very best to eat as much as possible and gain as much weight as possible. How many of YOU have ever done that???? Why?--you may ask.....food storage. I'm saving my food for later. Infact, I'm so into foodstorage lately that I've spent over $1000 on groceries in the past 2 weeks and have loaded a deep-freezer in our garage full of food and meals for my family.

About now you are thinking....'has Cambrie lost it?' I dunno--maybe I have. But I figured that the food storage both on my hips and in our freezer will sure come in handy in the next 9 months. Yes, we are expecting a new additon to our family in september. Surprise (it was a surpise to ALL of us).

I'm a *bit* nervous, but I know that with the Lord's help we will be ok.

9 comments:

AshleyS said...

Cambrie!!!!!! I am so happy for you and at the same time want you to know you can call me anytime you need help. I'll never know what pregnancy is like for you, but after our half marathon together have a better understanding and want you to know I am here for meals, babysitting, cleaning, you name it. Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!!!! How exciting! I hope you have a great healthy pregnancy! keep us all updated!

Malesa said...

Congrats Cambrie! Honestly, I'm excited and nervous for you but I think you guys make very cute kids and I think it's awesome that you are going to be able to have another! Yeah for babies! (Boo for hyperemesis!)

Malesa said...

Congrats Cambrie! Honestly, I'm excited and nervous for you but I think you guys make very cute kids and I think it's awesome that you are going to be able to have another! Yeah for babies! (Boo for hyperemesis!)

snlbarney said...

What wonderful news! Send Keira my way anytime, and it a blessing to have a short time to prepare - good thing you are so with it! We're here for you, and I am amazed by the sacrifices that women with HG make for their babies, it is truly humbling. Good luck!

Andy & Jen said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and Steve! If you ever need any help I'm here for ya girl!

Ali said...

Oh my! I am so happy for you! Please call if you need me for anything! Oh! Ditto to everything Ashley said. The Lord WILL bless you, I am sure. Still, let me know. I will do whatever! How exciting.

Amanda said...

Have you ever thought of trying accupuncture for your HG? My sister did with her pregnancy and it seemed to help her.

I did accupuncture while we were doing infertility treatments. It worked great for us. (we didn't get pregnant off of that cycle, but it helped my body to respond to the medications).

Good luck!

Cambrienelson said...

thanks everyone.

Amanda-- yes, tried accupuncture. Tried EVERYTHING.

So far so good though this time.