Monday, January 28, 2008

Putting Things into Perspective

The simplest way I can put it so we could have a glimpse of what Cambrie's going through is this: reflect back if you've ever had food poisoning eating something you shouldn't have. You wanted to die even though you knew the vomiting would last about 24 hours... Well, it's going to be 7 more months.
They might discharge her from the hospital on Wed or Thu. They've given up trying to control her vomiting and don't know what else to do for her. They'll send her home on IV nutrition (TPN).

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Steve,

Have you guys applied for Medicaid? I think it is called Medi-Cal. They should have a pregnant womens program that can assist in paying for things. Plus, if you guys are students, you might have a better chance at getting approved. They go off of income.

It's worth a try. Plus, they might even pay for the zofran if your doctor prescribes it.

Good luck!

Insurance companies are a pain in the rear end. I dealt with them for many years on patient accounts. They are lame!

Amanda said...

PS- I hope Cambrie can get by these next months. I will call her name into the boise temple.

good luck!

BS and the Kids said...

Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. I was hoping for you guys that it would be different from your last. I wish I was there so I could help. Sarah

Melissa said...

Hey, Has she had the TPN put in yet? I am with Amanda you guys need to chew your insurance out and then apply for medicaid this is insane!! Good Luck and stay strong.

Ashley said...

I don't know what else to say other than that we love you guys and are so sorry.

Spencer said...

S & C, this means that your kids will be wonderful teenagers, didn't you get the memo? We wish there was something we could do for you from texas! we're praying for you all... the vomiting is no fun at all.

also, there is a generic form of ZOFRAN out now that doesn't cost nearly as much... Sarah used it when she was expecting Kid 3...

good luck!