Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What's Happening with Cambrie?


Cambrie's back in the hospital again. After getting her vomiting spell somewhat controlled, she was discharged from the hospital Sunday. However, once she got home she reverted back to vomiting uncontrollably again. Trying to think positively, while her first pregnancy she was throwing up on average every 20 minutes for the whole 9 months, so far she's been averaging 40 minutes- woohoo!

Monday night was pretty miserable for her. To put it in perspective, she wasn't able to eat anything or even sip water and she found the pains of starving more tolerable and preferable than having to throw up. Anyway, rough stuff.

Wednesday morning the hospital is expected to give her either a feeding tube down her nose or TPN--what she had last pregnancy (that's where they fed her through an IV that went to her heart).

The only logical explanation why Cambrie has such hard pregnancies probably is that our kids are going to be difficult teenagers and had we had easy pregnancies, it would've been harder to love them at that stage...who knows:)?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Not fun at all!!! I am always checking for updates. I will call your name into the Boise temple. That always brings me comfort.

My sister had a TPN for the majority of her first pregnancy. She doesn't recommend it to anyone!

I hope they can get you some help. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck!

Stevo said...

Amanda, which sister had TPN? I had no idea. Cambrie had TPN from month 4 to labor. Was your sister's pregnancy like Cambrie's?

Debbie said...

Thanks for your updates Stevo! I really do appreciate knowing what's going on. Know I'm thinking of you both! I hope Cambrie gets to feeling better very soon, or at least the nine months go by VERY FAST! Let me know what I can do to help. I'd be out in a heartbeat if you needed me!

Melissa said...

It was me Melissa who had the TPN through my pregnancy..it was hard having it cause it got in the way but it was worth it...what medicines have they tried with her at home? And a few tips i can give are: have food right by your bed and before you even put one foot on the ground to get up eat something weather it is a couple saltine crackers or a piece of toast. Another thing that really helped me was sucking on mints and york peppermint patties seriously the mint stuff worked..mint is said to help with upset stomaches. One other thing that really helped is drinking 7up instead of trying to drink water that just makes things worse. I guess my last thing woyuld be you have to really really really use mind over matter I swear it works and even when yu throw up go right in the kitchen and eat a few crackers u can't let yourself get to the point of an empty stomach that is what triggers it. Please if you have questions about anything let me know you can even call me I have been through this twice but i worked really hard my second time it was hard but better then the first. my number is #208-371-7257 or e-mail bright_star07@msn.com
Good Luck!!!

Stevo said...

Thanks Melissa. Unfortunately even sucking on candy would make her vomit. She seriously can't eat ANYTHING. The drugs that work are zophran, but they tried everything from fenigran, reglan, tigan, to pregnizone, accupuncture and other drugs I have no idea how to say or spell. Sorry to hear you had to go thru it to Melissa. It's a horrible stage, but the kids come out cute, huh?

Stevo said...

Debbie, we'll keep you posted if we needed you to come out or something. Thanks for being willing even with 3 kids of your own